The right WordPress developer to help you build that one page component that will make your design attract future clients.
You’ve got to a point where your exciting client is enthusiastic with your website design concept. That design is going to make some waves when it ships and it’ll help attract some new clients for your business later on.
There’s one problem though: part of the design includes a complicated page component that’s going to require consideration and attention to detail to make it work just right. Maybe it’s a map or a list that needs to handle lots of data and update on the fly, or maybe it’s a part of the page that’s animated.
You really want that design to go through and you need to hand that specific part to someone you can trust.
Someone who will:
- Communicate throughout the process
- Take something a little rough or nebulous and make it fit the overall direction
- Dig for and surface up the risks early
- Adjust as the project goes in different directions
- Educate you early on so you can validate assumptions and know what questions to ask the client to make sure the design is valid
- Think about the longer-term aspects of this page component
- Build WordPress sites the way you do, using your page builder or ACF Pro Flexible Content modules
- Teach your team some new tricks and level up everyone’s skills
- Represent your company like one of your team members would
- Sweat the details
Sweating details like:
- The loading speed, the interaction speed
- The impact on the page speed score and SEO
- What will be shown when there’s a slow connection
- Matching the style of the rest of the site
- Adapting for different languages
- Making the design responsive
- Nailing the source order for screen readers and mobile layouts
- Testing for Accessibility
- Dealing with real-world content lengths
- Handling errors and being defensive about security
With Components Like These...
- A stylized Map with custom locations and categories
- A to-the-minute Schedule that helps the user know where to go next
- A fast Filtered list that updates without the whole page reloading
- A custom Audio player for a podcast, or for some sample tunes
- An interactive Infographic that feeds from live data
- A hand-styled Form that pre-fills based on interactions on the page
- A section of the page with nice Animations that start when you scroll to it
Not an app, just a page component
This page component will help serve the purpose of the website, help its visitors accomplish a task, make a decision. The component should get out of the way, make a nice impression, help visitors do their thing, and help the business. It’s not the whole app, just a really important page component on a WordPress site.
Focus on the design, and I’ll make it sing
My name is Pascal Laliberté, and I’ve been at the intersection of interaction design and web development my whole career. I’ve built WordPress sites and static sites and I can help you win that design for that client by building you that tricky, important page component. I’ll help you riff on the design at the beginning, shape it so it handles the important edge cases in the middle of the project, and dress it up so it’s ready for the big release.
A tourism website
- An interactive map showing accomodations, restaurants, places to visit
- Mini-maps on blog posts detailing the venues
A radio website
- An interactive program that detects the timezone and shows what's currently playing
- A custom audio player
- A radio station finder
An architectural firm website
- A staff directory with search and fast paging
- A list of projects with filters
- A list of locations with maps
- A contact form filled via staff directory
An app website
- A slide-style UI with animations between slide transitions
A condo high-rise website
- A list of units filtered by price, features and level
Testimonial from a client
Working with Pascal is a breeze, he is self-motivated and asks all the right (and hard) questions. Pascal is the Ninja on our team who we know will accomplish a complicated task in the most effective way and looks at every angle during the process. He allows us to focus on the big picture while he is working on the complex bits. — Thom Meredith, Kley, Inc.
Let's start the process
I can help where you are in the process.
If we're at the beginning of the project, when you're starting to get a sense that this page component will be an important part of the design. At this point, you need to validate assumptions, you need to know what will be needed from the client for the page component to work with the information the client will provide, and you need to know if I'll be available for the whole project.
I’ll send an invoice after the call
I’ll make the call worth your time. You’ll leave with:
- Ideas about possible approaches.
- Some ideas on how the data structure could be put together and how to plan the back-end.
- A sense on whether we would be a good fit working together.
- An idea of my availability and some of the next steps.
A (Custom Component) Wireframe Designer
We’re in the middle of the project and you’re shaping up the design with the client and now you’re at the wireframe or prototype stage. At this point, you need someone to detail out some of the variations for the component to help the client prepare the data and to get excited about visualizing the component on their new site. Reach out to see if I can take on the wireframes or a prototype.
We’re later in the project, when the design is more shaped up, maybe even finalized, and you have samples of the type of information the page component will handle. At this point, you need someone to code up the component, make it work beautifully, and ship it in time. Maybe another project is taking longer and you no longer have a helping hand to finish the project. Reach out to see if I have the ability to help. I also know other people who can help if I’m not available.